YouTube is a powerful platform for sharing videos and building an audience. With over 2 billion monthly active users, it’s no wonder that many people are interested in learning how to maximize their views and increase engagement on the platform. One of the best ways to do this is by utilizing YouTube’s end screens and cards feature.
What are End Screens & Cards on YouTube?
End screens and cards are interactive elements that can be added to the end of a video. They allow you to promote other videos, playlists, or channels, as well as include calls to action such as visiting a website or subscribing to a channel. End screens can be set up to appear at the last 5-20 seconds of the video, and cards can be added at any point in the video.
Why Use End Screens & Cards on YouTube?
End screens and cards are a great way to increase engagement and views on your channel. They allow you to keep viewers on your channel by suggesting related content, and they also give you an opportunity to promote your other videos, playlists, or channels. Additionally, end screens and cards are a great way to increase subscribers and drive traffic to your website.
How to Create End Screens & Cards on YouTube
Creating end screens and cards on YouTube is easy, and can be done within the YouTube Studio. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create end screens and cards on YouTube:
- Go to your Video Manager on YouTube and select the video you want to add an end screen or card to.
- Click on the Edit button next to the video.
- In the editor, click on the End screen & annotations tab.
- From here, you can add elements to your end screen such as:
- Add elements: Promote other videos, playlists, or channels
- Add a link: to your website or social media
- Add a call to action: such as subscribing to your channel
- To add a card, click on the plus icon at the top of the video and select “Add card.” From here, you can select the type of card you want to add, such as a link to another video or a call to action.
Tips for Creating Effective End Screens & Cards
- Keep it simple: Too many elements on an end screen or card can be overwhelming for viewers. Stick to promoting one or two videos or playlists, and include a call to action.
- Use a consistent design: Use the same design for all of your end screens and cards to create a cohesive look for your channel.
- Use annotations sparingly: While annotations can be useful, they can also be distracting. Use them sparingly and make sure they are relevant to the video.
- Test different elements: Experiment with different elements on your end screens and cards to see what works best for your audience.
- Consider adding a countdown timer: This can be a great way to create a sense of urgency and encourage viewers to take action before the end of the video.
In conclusion, end screens and cards are a powerful tool for increasing engagement and views on YouTube. By promoting related content, increasing subscribers, and driving traffic to your website, they can help to grow your channel and reach a wider audience. Use these tips to create effective end screens and cards, and see the results for yourself.